The rise out of the Dark Ages was the result of making the Bible available to everyone. The Protestant teachings were based on historical teachings of prophesy. As the Reformation teachings spread, the Papacy was forced to defend itself against the overwhelming evidence of Biblical prophesy. The Papacy needed to steer people away from this interpretation. It did not want to be seen as the enemy of Christ!
The Papacy began a counter-reformation that led to the formation of the Jesuits. The Jesuits became the teaching arm of the Roman Catholic Church. Revolution was at hand, and the Catholic leadership knew it. This also led them to create the Holy Office of the Inquisition which persecuted those who would not give up Reformation teachings. The Jesuits had their work cut out for them. They used two doctrines aimed at the Reformation.
- Spanish Jesuit Alcazar began teaching that the events depicted in the prophesies were already fulfilled in the early persecutions of the Christians by the Romans. This was the Preterist interpretation.
- Spanish Jesuit Francisco Ribera began teaching that the events depicted by the Prophets were still in the future and that the fulfillment of prophesy would come just before the second coming of Christ. This was called the Futurist interpretation.
- The Great Red Dragon
- The Leopard
- The Lamb-Like Beast
- The Image of the Beast
- The Scarlet Colored Beast
There are those who have identified Satan, but always seem to call the Evil One Lucifer. Go figure.
Satan is identified by the following characteristics:
- To exalt self above God.
- To be worshiped as God.
- To rule and not to serve.
- To spread lies in order to gain followers.
- Accuse others of his own guilt.
- Rebellion brought into the open.
- Never repents or gives up.
The Leopard, through historical interpretation is the Roman Catholic Church. What are the characteristics of the Papacy (Roman Catholic Church)?
- Exalts man in the place of God.
- To rule over rather than serve using church government.
- The pope is like God and is worshiped as God.
- To spread lies and falsehoods to gain followers.
- To work secretly until able to work openly.
- To silence or even kill enemies.
- Never repents, but refines and polishes the plan to attain goals.
The Lamb-Like Beast has been identified as the United States of America. What was this entity during the Reformation? Some other nation that believed in freedom no doubt. This beast has two horns representing Republicanism and Protestantism. The characteristics:
- Republicanism; or freedom from kings and tyrannical governments.
- Protestantism; or the separation of church and state, and freedom from oppressive and apostate churches.
- Manifest a peaceful attitude.
- Speaks like a dragon; or becomes Satanic, destroys Liberty.
- Exercises military power over all Earth.
- It compels all Earth to worship the Lamb-Like Beast.
- Persecution and death to all who do not make concessions or bow to its decrees.
Speculation has me wondering if the Reformation had not happened, would the confusion over Lucifer and Satan ever happened? There were those who recognized Lucifer as "the Bearer of Light", which he is. Lucifer was not to be worshiped. There was no need. The Illuminists do not worship God. They are becoming God. They are on a quest to become God. This quest has to do with much, realizing the bicameral mind must function as that, a bicameral mind, so the voices of the gods may be heard.
Any "god" which demands worship is evil. Beware the Abrahamic religions. Their teaching spans thousands of years and that dogma is engrained deeply in the Abrahamic psyche. Know the Gnostic Gospels and you will have your own reformation!