Are you overwhelmed in a current position and don't know where to start? Don't panic. Here are five key ingredients to get you started within your organization.
- Take care of the fundamentals. Assess your situation from your company's point of view.
- Spend more time with your business counterparts.
- Learn your core business. Talk with key customers. Know their value and support them.
- Research your competitors. Determine their key initiatives. Present this to management.
- Delegate day-to-day management. Get competent lieutenants. Participate in group talks.