Monday, January 27, 2014

the sunny side of social

I read a story recently about social proof. Social proof is measured by the number of "likes" ans "shares" on Social Media platforms. The more the better. I don't disagree with this. I, in fact, agree. We all seem to want the post or video or whatever else to go "viral". All of us want our social moment in the sun.


If you feel "left out" on hits, clicks, shares and likes, don't get frustrated and disappointed. I feel oftentimes that the traffic on my posts are stagnant. That, however doesn't stop or keep me from posting, researching, and writing. I, for one, enjoy the Social Media space. Many of us do and think of having an audience. Most of that audience comes from platforms like Facebook and Twitter. That's good. That's a start. Be thankful you have an audience. It might not be quantity, so think quality.

Here's a story I picked up that goes along with what I am getting across.

Long ago, a band of minstrels lived in a faraway land. They traveled from town to town singing and playing their music in hopes of making a living. They had not been doing well financially, however. Times were hard and the common people had little money to spend on concerts, even though their fee was small.

 

The group met one evening to discuss their plight. "I see no reason for opening tonight, " one said. It's snowing and no one will come out on a night like this." Another said, "I agree. Last night we performed for just a handful. Even fewer will come tonight."

 

The leader of the troupe responded, "I know you are discouraged. I am too. But we have a responsibility to those who might come. We will go on. It is not the fault of those who come that others do not." 

 

Heartened by his words, the minstrels gave their best performance ever. After the show, the old man called his troupe to him again. In his hand was a note, handed to him by a member of the audience just before the door closed. Slowly the man read, "Thank you for a beautiful performance." It was signed simply, "Your King."

 

Learn Social Marketing to the Business Customer 

Have Mondays in the Sun


Keep concentrating and focusing on your Social Media presence. Discover the sunny side of social. You might just be surprised who is in the audience.

No comments: